Despite increased consumer purchasing power due to low oil prices, the retail industry’s exposure to risk has risen dramatically in the past several years. Competition due to a proliferation of online competitors has compressed already thin margins and forced retailers to consider structural changes. To reduce the dependence on physical real estate and an on-ground labor force, retailers must constantly reposition themselves and rethink their marketing strategies to mitigate costs and remain competitive. To complicate this situation further, the proliferation of cyber-attacks poses a threat to a retailer’s brand, reputation and viability of the business itself.
At Palmer & Cay, we leverage our retail industry knowledge with risk and insurance expertise to deliver Fortune 1000-level solutions to mid-market clients through senior advisors. We can help.
Services & Capabilities
- Property Risk Modeling & Placement Solutions
- Product Contamination: Claims Support & Crisis Management
- Reputational Risk & Crisis Management Strategies
- Business Interruption & Business Continuity Consulting
- Risk Information Management Systems (RIMS) Assessment
- Captives / Alternative Risk Funding Design
- Employee/Customer Safety & Security Strategies
- Exposure & Claims Data Management
- Claims Advocacy
Key Industry Coverages
Contact a Specialist
More than 30 years’ experience designing, placing and managing complex insurance and risk management programs for middle market to large accounts, with a special emphasis on the retail sector.